Service Coordination provides quality case management services by helping people understand what their choices are and connecting them to resources in their communities in ways that respect their dignity and rights.
MEANING BEHIND THE MISSION
Choices, Connections and Communities: We welcome all people who can benefit from our services. We help people understand options in a dignified and respectful way. We provide quality information and helpful options that can guide people to resources of their choice; ultimately supporting their decisions to connect to available services.
People experience the quality of life they choose. They are connected to an array of quality supports and services that are tailored to each of their unique wants and needs. People are valued in and by their communities.
CORE OPERATING VALUES
Our core operating values guide the way in which our board members, employees and volunteers want the community to experience our organization. We want to be known as resourceful, educated and respectful. We want to demonstrate daily excellence by embracing and living out these core operating values in the way we work.
- People come first – Show respect and honor for ALL people in words and actions.
- We drive solutions – Persistently seek opportunities and overcome obstacles. Navigate systems masterfully to make possibilities a reality.
- We build connections – Because relationships are the foundation of our work, we share strong working relationships with each other and with those outside of our organization.
- We educate – Raise awareness in communities to appreciate the similarities and unique gifts of each person. Explore choices with people we support.
RELATIONSHIPS – At Service Coordination we operate with an understanding that it is primarily through effective relationships that we are able to achieve positive change on the individual and systems levels.
NAVIGATIONAL EXPERTISE – At Service Coordination we listen closely to individuals telling us their dreams and goals. With that knowledge and our expertise, we provide resources, connections and linkages to make dreams a reality.
THEORY OF ACTION
The following principles and beliefs guide the development of our programs and operations:
- It takes great expertise to find resources and to connect people to them. Success results from the quality of abundant creativity and resourcefulness.
- Positive working relationships reflect the commitment that we have to each other, the organization, and the people we support. Solid relationships are built upon trust and mutual respect.
- As a mobile workforce based in the communities of the people we serve, we focus our abilities to affect positive change in systems and within communities.
- All persons should be able to make choices that affect their life. Our role is to help people discover and explore possibilities, weighing the value of all available options.
- With an increased understanding of people with differences comes appreciation of the value all people bring to their communities.
- As a strength based, person centered organization, we engage the people we support, their families, our staff, and others in making decisions, developing processes, and creating the structures that support the highest quality case management services.
Our primary customers are people we support and their families needing case management services.
We work collaboratively with a wide variety of supporting partners to carry out our mission. Supporting partners include but are not limited to:
- Service Coordination staff
- Service Coordination Board members
- Nonprofit community organizations
- Elected officials
- Community leaders
- Media personalities and journalists
- Federal, state and local government agencies
- Individual donors
- Professionals including; educators, lawyers, medical personnel, police and firefighters
- Universities, Colleges and School Systems