Did you know…
You can contact NaToya Mitchell, Statewide Coordinator of Self-Directed Services to share ideas and provide feedback and recommendations through our designated self-directed email address. The email address is email@example.com.
We’ve heard you…
We thank all of you who participated in the statewide stakeholder town hall meetings providing insightful recommendations and feedback to further develop a robust self-directed service delivery model framework. As a result, Amendment #2 has been updated to expand Individual and Family Directed Goods and Services. Some of the additional resources will include:
- Fitness memberships
- Fitness items that can be purchased at most retail stores
- Toothbrushes or electric toothbrushes
- Weight loss programs and services other than food
- Dental services recommended by a licensed dentist and not covered by health insurance
- Nutritional consultation and supplements recommended by a licensed professional in the relevant field
- Therapeutic interventions to maintain or improve function, such as art, music, dance, therapeutic swimming, or horseback riding with a recommendation from a licensed professional in the relevant field
Individual and Family-Directed Goods and Services relate to a need or goal identified in the Person-Centered Plan; maintain or increase independence; promote opportunities for community living and inclusion; and are not available under a waiver service or Medicaid State Plan service. Additional information will be provided for the effective date of Amendment #2.
Click the following links for information on the Budget Modification for use of Staff Recruitment and Advertisement Allowance as well as the Self-Direction Interim Plan Annual Update