Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH): Provides wide overview of Information, options and services regarding Medical Insurance and Medical Waiver Services provided to Individuals. (410)767-6500, or 1(877)-463-3464, 201 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201;
- Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP): Medical Assistance for children
- Employed Individuals and Disabilities (EID): For individuals who work and do not meet regular MA guidelines. Maryland Primary Adult Care Program (PAC) provides pharmacy /basic health services.
- Community Personal Care Assistance (CPAS): Assists with nurse monitoring/supports in the home.
- Community First Choice (CFC): Provides community services/supports to older adults and people with disabilities who live in their own homes. Contact (410) 767-1739.
- Community Options Waiver: Provides community services/supports and must meet a nursing facility level of care. Call (410) 767-1739 or the Waiver Services Registry at 1 (844) 627-5465.
Developmental Disabilities Administration: Administration within DHMH that provides services and resources for people with developmental disabilities.
- Central Region, 1401 Severn Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, (410) 234-8200
- Western Region, 1360, Marshall Street, Hagerstown, MD 21740 (301) 791-4670
Maryland Department of Disabilities (MDOD): Information on Transportation Services, Taxi Voucher, Mobility, Paratransit/Vehicle Modifications. 1(800)637-4113, Website
- Maryland Technology Assistance Program (MDTAP): Program of the Maryland Department of Disabilities. Supports access to assistive technology (AT) devices and services; firstname.lastname@example.org; 1-800-832-4827; Website
Maryland Department of Human Resources: Provides links to link to applying to Department of Social Services, food stamps, temporary cash assistance, Medical Assistance, etc.
Medical Assistance: Apply at Website, by phone 1(855) 642-8572, or by applying at your local Health Department or Department of Social Services Agency in your County.
Social Security Administration: Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), Social Security Income (SSI), Retirement benefits; 1(800) 772-1213, Website
Maryland Access Point: Service that connects people to health and support services throughout Maryland.1-844-627-5465; Website
MARYLAND COMMUNITY SERVICES LOCATOR (MDCSL): Provides links to local Department of Social services (DSS) for: Applying for food stamps, Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Medical Assistance, BGE Assistance and many more resources; Website;
- 2-1-1 Maryland: Provides connection to health and human services resource in community. 24 hours a day/7 days a week; Phone: 211; Website
Employment Resources (assistance with career counseling, training
and finding employment)
Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS): Serves all counties; (410) 554-9442; Website
Maryland One Stop Career Centers:Serves all counties; (410) 230-6001, Website
Maryland PROMISE (MD PROMISE): Free statewide program and research study designed to assist eligible young adults who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) who are planning for the youth’s transition from school into adulthood. 1-888-232-8554; Website: Website
Housing (for people with low income, elderly, and/or individuals with disabilities)
Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development: Programs include: Housing Choice Program (Section 8) & Home Ownership for Individuals with Disabilities (HIDP). (301) 429-7751; Website
US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development: Rental Housing/Rental Assistance /Subsidized Apartments Website
Maryland Housing Search: For locating affordable rental housing; Website
Disability Rights Maryland (DRM): Offers free legal aid to people with disabilities; 1500 Union Avenue, Suite 2000, Baltimore, MD 21211, (410) 727-6352; Toll Free 1 (800)-233-7201; Website
Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland (PBRC): Locate Pro Bono Attorneys in MD; (401) 837-9379; Website
Maryland Association of Core Service Agencies (MACSA) (All Maryland Counties): Provides mental health services/referrals, case management etc.; Phone: (301)682-9754;
Psychological Testing (Sliding Scale)
Future Planning Advanced Directives/Guardianship
Maryland Healthcare Decision Making: Website
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE (Call 911 in the event of an emergency)
MD Crisis Hotline: 1 (800) 422-0009