Service Coordination believes that each individual is entitled to the basic rights set forth in Health-General Article, 7-1002, Annotated Code of Maryland. Service Coordination believes in an inclusive society where individuals are fully integrated and are free from discrimination. We seek to understand individual preferences and incorporate personal wishes and desires into the right combination of paid and volunteer supports that enables each individual to live a full and fulfilled life that is self-directed.
In accordance with Health – General Article 7-1002, it is the policy of Service Coordination, Inc. that, in addition to the individual rights, each person who will receive services from us has the following basic rights:
- The right to be treated with courtesy, respect, and full recognition of human dignity and individuality;
- The right to receive treatment, services, and habilitation in the most integrated setting that is available, adequate, appropriate, and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- The right to be free from mental and physical abuse.
- The right to be free from chemical restraints, except for minimal restraints that a physician authorizes, in writing, for clearly indicted medical need and makes a permanent part of the individual’s record;
- The right to be free from physical restraint ex ep for minimal restraints that areauthorized in writing and made a permanent part of the record by a physician or qualified developmental disability professional and which are clearly indicated for the protection ofthe individual with intellectual and developmental disabilities or others; the right to privacy;
- The right to worship as the individual chooses;
- The right to an accounting of any funds of the individual;
- The right to be informed of all of the most integrated setting service options licensed through the administration.
Service Coordination provides quality case management services by helping people understand what their choices are and connecting them to resources in their communities in ways that respect their dignity and rights.
MEANING BEHIND THE MISSION
Choices, Connections and Communities: We welcome all people who can benefit from our services. We help people understand options in a dignified and respectful way. We provide quality information and helpful options that can guide people to resources of their choice, ultimately supporting their decisions to connect to available services.
People experience the quality of life they choose. They are connected to an array of quality supports and services that are tailored to each of their unique wants and needs. People are valued in and by their communities.